Tuesday, January 1, 2013

This little light of mine.

Resolutions.  I can't help but be drawn into the lure of New Year's resolutions.  There is something magical about a fresh start.  But each year about five days into the new year my resolution is a vague and distant memory.  With that being said, I have made a resolution this year.  This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine. 



"There are two ways of spreading light: to be a candle or the mirror that reflects it." ~Edith Wharton

I have decided to keep it simple this year, to practice loving-kindness towards myself and others.  I am a yogi, and at the heart of my practice, I believe there is a divine light in us all thats brightness shines in accordance to our belief that it is there.  I resolve to believe in my own light a little bit more in the hopes that it may shine more brightly and be a mirror to reflect the light of those I encounter: my friends, my students, my children, my neighbors, and those I have yet to meet. 

There is a great deal of negativity and hurt in the world, I choose, this year, to bring light. 

1 comment: